Friday, May 27, 2011

Graduation?

Hurray for graduation...

So McKenzie has finally graduated from junior high. Way to go McKenzie I am just so glad that you still have 3 years left in high school. I really don't know what dad and I would do with out our little surprise we brought home with us from Austrailia 15 years ago. Best suvieniour we ever got. And your such a good kid too. You make it so fun to watch you grow up. Your so easy to raise. McKenzie received so many awards at the awards assembly the other day. Not only is she brilliant but she is so athletic too. And the great thing is, is that we don't have to push her at all. She is a self motivator. We never have to ask if she has her homework done. She is always so on top of that. She keeps us right on schedule with all of her basketball and volleyball schedules too. She is so dedicated. A coach couldn't ask for anything better. She is so willing to do whatever is asked of her. And we couldn't ask for anything better in a daughter. She has a kind heart too. If anyone needs a friend she is there. Even if it means that she gets a stocker or too out of it. So way to go McKenzie we love you and you truly are so very awesome.


Well on a sadder note. Parker graduated from High School. Oh don't get me wrong I am so thankful that he has done so well in school. His grades are wonderful and he is able to be the most social kid I have ever seen. But it is sad to think that he is getting so old. The older he gets the closer he gets to leaving on the mission. Oh don't get me wrong on this either. I want him to go more than anything and know that he will, I just wish so horribly that it could not come so quickly.

If any of you know Parker you probably know what a fun personality he has. He is so totally involved with his family. If someone needs help doing anything he is right there. Parker has been so fun to raise! He is so social and then he is so great to come home and tell you all about his night. He keeps you so updated with what is going on in his life and that it is so fun as a parent. Believe me plenty of nights we have had to say "Parker tell us about it tomorrow." He loves to stay up late and talk, ask his sister Paige. He is so funny too. Get him and Paige together and they can quote every funny thing said in any movie. When Brinkley was moving back home, while Richy was away, she said that that was one of the things she looked forward too was hearing the funny things Parker says and does. He is so willing to jump in and learn new things and always willing to tear something apart and try to put it back together again. He isn't afraid of hard work. He has such a great attitude that if he has to rack the whole yard (an acre of ground) he doesn't complain he looks at it as a great time to build those amazing muscles he has. No matter where he goes or whoever he is with he always comes home and says he had a great time. I can count on one hand the times that Parker has been in a bad mood. I wish I could say the same for me.

So Parker I hate to let you do it....And if I thought that it would work I would beg and plead with the high school to please let you stay just another 5 of so years. I know how those boys that go on missions grow up and don't always come home to the same relationships with their moms. But I am holding out that you will be different. I hope you'll always be my little boy, Parker. Ok you can grow up a little but please don't change that fun, loving personality that you have. Anyway I can't get this upset yet. He only turns 18 in June. I still have him for another year. It really could be worse.

So to both of you graduates WAY TO GO!!!! We are so proud of you.


Oh hold on we can't forget Addi....She graduated from her first year of preschool. She has another year of preschool before kindergarten so we will celebrate bigger and better next year. But I must mention that Addi is the Smartest 3 year old I have ever seen. And way sweet too.
So way to go Addi. You are awesome!!!!

1 comment:

Daren and Andrea said...

Oh Janice... You made me cry.