Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Tree express 2011

So bare with me one more post that I can't see the pictures while I write. I have got to get someone to show me what I am doing wrong here so I can get caught up and do this blogging thing right. Ha ha. Anyway we had our annual Burrows Christmas tree express. Every year we venture up to the wilds with my brother and his family and we find and cut down the most perfect Christmas trees we can find. Then we bring them home and spend 2-3 days putting on the lights and decorating the things because at our house my husband thinks that the bigger the better. So we usually end up with at least a 15 ft. tree. If he could find a spot in our house at all taller he would put the tree there. But this is as big as it gets. He and Parker were joking the other day that next year dad ought to put a whole in the ceiling and out the roof and let the tree stick out of the house. Just so he can say that his tree is taller than "Dave Anderson's" tree. He is a guy in our ward and every year Richard is in a secret competition to get a bigger tree than him. Dave doesn't even know he is competing with him.

Anyway after the trees are all decorated we love to go around and see everyone's tree. So this year we started with Dixie and Arts house. They are always so wonderful to come to be part of the night with us. They had the appetizers this year and boy were we spoiled. Shrimp cocktail...a total favorite of mine. With fruit cocktails, crackers and more. Then we headed over to our house for salad from Brinkley and Richy. They had to head back up to Idaho because of the bad weather but we ate their salad and then some yummy lasgana and bread sticks. We had a Christmas toast and then Parker turned into our holiday whino. We took a family photo and then it was off to Cody and Robyn's house for the sugar cookie decorating contest. If you decorate your cookie's well you get them for dessert. Dixie and Art are really pretty good at decorating cookies.

It was so fun. Thank you wonderful children for being part of the Tree express night. I know it is a rush to put up the tree and it is such a busy time of year. But I love how willing you are to always do this with your dad and I. You know how he loves to show off the "BIG" tree.







No comments: